AVM @ Tufts

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Day 2, April 18

Today when I got to the clinic I was one of the first people there and so I took a seat in the corner and waited for my friends to arrive. A few minutes later everyone took a seat around the big table in the center, and one by one we stood up said our names, and what we had learned the previous day. I was the last one to go, and I said that I learned about rumen donators.

After I said my names and what I had learned everyone collected their stuff and we left to go to the library, where we gathered into groups of five depending on what we wanted to do for projects. I chose the top ten avian diseases and joined the group. We worked on our presentations for the next two hours.

After we got a reasonable start on the projects we then went to the Anatomy Building to learn how vets check dogs in appointments, and we were also allowed to test the reflexes, eyes, blood flow/circulation, heart rate, and mucus flow. After this we took the dogs for a quick walk before lunch. After everyone had finished eating we still had half an hour before or next "class", so we played soccer (YAY!!! :) )

After lunch and soccer (the score was one all) we went to the Varis building where we were lectured on Congenital Defects in Livestock. It was incredibly interesting, even though it has put me off beef forever. But luckily enough, I still want to be a vet.

Next we had to go back to the Anatomy Building to look at Radiographs (X-rays), and a Case Study, where we looked at a case and had to decide various things about what to do. Such as we had to decide what to ask the patients owner about the medications the dog was on, and then decide what tests to run, and also the diagnosis.

Today was more interesting than yesterday, and tomorrow we get to watch a dissection, as well as a video about wolves. Bye. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home